2012-2013 Eastside United Leadership Team
Peter Braun, Jean Braun, Delise Pitman, Russell Mitchell-Walker, Jenni Krall, Bonnie Yakes (Chair), Missing from picture: Jim Fallows
Eastside United Church's Leadership Team directs the congregation. Elected for 2 year terms at the May Congregational (Program) Meeting, the Leadership team works to vision, and seeks to review and ensure that the congregation as a whole consistently lives up to our vision, mission, bedrock beliefs, and values.
Our structure document is available below.
Below are some initiatives undertaken by the Board/Leadership Team from 2005-12:
* Studied homophobia, heterosexism and same-sex marriage.
* Created and adopted Mission and Values statements.
* Developed an inclusive marriage policy.
* Developed a Baptismal Policy
* Developed a Confirmation Policy
* Developed a Fund Raising Policy
* Developed Activity Proposal form and guidelines.
* Developed a new structure for Eastside
* Studied Progressive Christianity and "Emerging Christianity."
* Hired Sunday School teachers and Youth Group Leaders.
* Paid off a $26,000 debt.
* Began a Capital Fund for building improvement and maintenance.
* Began developing a Green Plan.
* Completed the Affirming Ministries process.
* Developed a Conflict Resolution Policy with our Living Spirit Centre partners.
* Created a Diversity Value and circulated it through Listening Circles for discussion purposes.